Registration is now open for the NBVA #5 Tournament on Saturday 9 February 2019 at Manly Beach Volleyball Courts.
The format for our NBVA tournaments is 3 divisions, AAA, AA & A and a Qualifying Round if there are teams on the waitlist.
AAA and AA divisions will have 8 teams each and play double elimination format. A division will play their normal format of pool play, quarters, semis and final.
The previous winners (registering together as the same team) of A will automatically get a spot in AA, the winner of AA will automatically get a spot in AAA for the next NBVA tournament.
For more details see below.
Saturday, 9 February January 2019
Complete the registration form to enter event at: https://nbva.org.au/event-registration
To ensure you receive the points earned by you in previous tournaments please make sure your name matches that used in our database. If you’re unsure what name you should be using please check these links:
When you complete your teams Event Registration and view the Registered Teams list this is an indicative seeding list and does not guarantee you into the tournament. The final seeding will be published by Friday, 8 February 2019.
Information on Player Ranking and Seeding can be found at:
Online Registration Closes
Thursday, 7 February 2019, 12:00pm. No late registrations allowed.
Both players are required to pay their individual entry fee by the deadline otherwise you will be put on a waiting list.
Paid teams that contain members with the highest rankings will be selected first to play.
If divisions are oversubscribed and your team is on the waitlist – players who do not get placed in the main draw will receive a refund.
NBVA #5 will have a Qualifying Round for teams on the waitlist. This is a interim trial to allow members the opportunity to gain entry into the main draw if players have low/zero seeding points.
Qualifying Round Details:
Saturday morning between 6am – 7:30am of the Tournament day
- Single elimination
- 1 set to 21 points (30 mins allocated for warm-up and match)
- The final 2 final teams remaining will receive the 15th & 16th seed place in A division
- There is a maximum 10-teams allowed for qualifying round. (This is so we can run the qualifier before check-in at 7:30am)
The qualifying games will be drawn and published on the NBVA website and Facebook by Friday evening.
Requirement from Qualifying Teams
- A NBVA Tournament Director will be at the NBVA box at 6am to unlock the NBVA equipment box.
- Qualifying teams are required to collect their draw, scoresheet, lines, antenna and 1 ball for their court to set-up at 6am and play their match.
- Teams will be required to referee & score their own game and complete the scoresheet at the end of each match.
- After the first round return scoresheet to Tournament Director to collect next round score sheet.
- 30 mins is allocated for warm-up and 1 set.
- All games are required to be completed by 7:30am and scoresheets handed into the Tournament Director desk by 7:30am.
- Teams who are eliminated will not be placed in the main draw and will receive a refund.
The main draw will consist of
AAA: 8 teams / AA: 8 teams / A: 14 teams and 2 teams (from the qualifying round)
Players with affiliate memberships: $25
Casual/Non-members: $25 + $20 single event fee to SVNSW (valid for 10 days from purchase date)
Team payment must be paid by the deadline Thursday 7 February 2019, 12.00pm at: https://nbva.org.au/product/nbva-tournament-entry-variable/
Important Times & Check-In
6:00am – 7:30am Qualifying Round
7:30am – 7:45am Player check-in. Both players must be checked in at the Tournament Desk by 7.45am.
7:45am Draws completed
8:00am Players Meeting
8:15am First games start
Set Up Crew
We will be randomly selecting the set up crew from teams registered to share the workload. You will be contacted on Thursday if you have been selected to be part of the set up crew. We appreciate your cooperation in this.
Official After Party at Havana Beach
Click here to RSVP on Facebook for the Official After Party at Havana Beach, 3/13 S Steyne, Manly NSW.
Happy hour drink and food specials from 6:30pm.
Click here to RSVP on Facebook for updates.
Please remember that you need a current State Volleyball NSW membership to compete in our tournaments. This is required in order to be insured.
Follow this link for all membership information as well as how to sign up for your SVNSW membership.
NBVA Terms and Conditions of Sale can be found by clicking the link.