2022-2023 NBVA Championship Points Tables
- The NBVA Series 2022-2023 runs from September 2022 to April 2023.
- The team seeding of NBVA tournaments is based on the average of the players’ individual seeding scores.
- The individual seeding score is the player’s average ranking points from their best 3 results from their previous 5 entries.
- If a player has no results in a 24 month period, then the same evaluation will be done for a prior seeding period until a valid result is found. The prior seeding period is the periods between 24 and 37 months prior to the current event date.
- When points are used from a prior periods, a further 15% derating of the seeding score will be incurred.
- If no results are found within the seeding periods, a player will have a seeding score of zero.
- If a player with no seeding score partners up with a player with a seeding score – a team average will be calculated using half points for player with none.
- The winner and runner up of a division (B through AA) will get a spot in the division above for the next tournament in the same season (only if the two players play together again in the next event).
- If the tournament is oversubscribed members will have priority over non-members.
- The NBVA Champions will be decided by counting points from all the NBVA tournaments of the 2022-2023 season. A player’s best 5 results from the season are used to determine the Champions (this will be scaled if less than 6 tournaments are run in the season).
- Note: points from the NBVA Championships tournament are worth 1.5 x points
- Mixed tournament or social tournament/league/event results do not count towards any individual seeding score or points for the Championship.
Non-Competitive Entry Election Policy
- The aim of a non-competitive entry is to encourage experienced players to mentor and share their competition experience with a current junior player by combining as a team within a competition environment.
- A non-competitive entry for a mentor player allows them to team up with a junior player in a competition without concern for any adverse effects the team result may otherwise have on the mentor player’s future seeding point calculations.
- A player may request to have their entry in a competition classed as a non-competitive entry if they partner with a current junior player. Electing to take this option means that the result achieved in the applicable competition will simply be excluded from both team member’s future seeding calculations.
- None-competitive entry submissions must be received via email to email@example.com prior to the tournament entry deadline. Acceptance of requests is at the discretion of the NBVA.
NSW Beach Volleyball Tour
- The NSW Beach Volleyball Tour is the highest level of beach volleyball in the state, providing a competitive environment for NSW’s elite and developing athletes. Hosted by Volleyball NSW in conjunction with our affiliates they aim to deliver an exciting event for all players and spectators alike.
- The NSW BVT Round #1 will be held at Manly Beach from 22-23 October 2022.
- The NSW Championships (NSW BVT Round #8) will be held at Manly Beach from 25-26 February 2023.
- NSW BVT events are seeded and ranked using the Australian Beach Volleyball Ranking System (ABVRS).
- Further information about the NSW Beach Volleyball Tour can be found at https://www.volleyballnsw.com.au/competitions/beach-volleyball-tour-home/
Australian Beach Volleyball Tour
- Further information about the Australian Beach Volleyball Tour can be found at https://abvt.volleyball.org.au/
- No ABVT events are scheduled for Manly in the 2022-23 season.
- ABVT events are seeded and ranked using the Australian Beach Volleyball Ranking System (ABVRS).
2019-2023 8 team draw points scheme
Previous points systems applied:
2021-2022 24 team OctX draw points scheme
2018-2019 Points schemes NBVA
Adjusted Ranking Points 2015-2018 NBVA
2017-2018 Points schemes NBVA & State Tours