Please check this site prior to the first tourney of the season to ensure you have the latest information at hand.
Registration deadline is Monday 12pm for tournaments. Generally, tournament registration will open one week before tournament day.
All players must pre-register online through our registration form.
Tournament Payment (All Divisions)
After registering players must pay online before the registration deadline. Payment can be made using this link
Teams with non-paid players will not gain entry to the competition.
NBVA Tournament Prices are as follows:
- Full Member – $20
- Casual – $30 (plus $30 Single Event (Bronze) Membership paid to Volleyball NSW)
- Affilliate – $30
- U18/U16 Full Member – $10
- U18/U16 Affiliate – $20
- U18/U16 Casual – $20 (plus $15 Single Event (Bronze) Membership paid to Volleyball NSW)
Volleyball NSW Membership / NBVA Membership
In addition to tournament fees, players are also required to take out a Volleyball NSW membership with NBVA via the new revolutioniseSPORT website. For more information and instructions go to our Membership Sign Up page here: https://nbva.org.au/membership/.
The Volleyball NSW memberships are based on different access to services and events:
Suitable for players who wish to access the full range of Volleyball NSW benefits and services. This includes Australian Beach Volleyball Tour, State and Club based events.
Suitable for those players who wish to access social / recreational activities only. This includes State and Club based events.
This membership is for anyone who wishes to participate in a single event. Ie. Beach Volleyball Tour.
Bronze Memberships at this moment will be processed through VNSW registrations. As this is a temporary membership.
Players seeking Bronze Memberships (one off event coverage) can go to this VNSW registration site page (separate to the usual registration page)
Single Event Adult – https://www.volleyballnsw.
Single Event U/18 – https://www.volleyballnsw.com.
Suitable for individuals who are at school, involved in a Junior Development Program or are an officiate of the game. This membership includes Personal Accident insurance.
This membership has no cost attached and it suitable for those players who wish to access Spikezone, some Junior Development opportunities or Come and Try programs only. This includes Personal Accident Insurance.
One Day Events
4V4 and other special events will normally run on 1 day.
Two Day Events
NBVA Tournaments and Mixed will be run usually over 2 consecutive days.
e.g. AAA, AA and A Divisions will generally be run on the Saturday
BBB, BB and B Divisions will be run on the Sunday
B Qualification Tournament will be run on the following Saturday after BBB, BB and B Division
When you register and once the seedling list is completed (by Friday) you will receive an email that indicates what day you are playing on.
If you are unsure what days the tournaments are run on, check https://nbva.org.au/registered-teams which lists the dates of the tournament.
It is YOUR responsibility to make sure you know what day you are playing on. There will be no refunds issued for getting the day wrong.
Highest seeded teams registered and paid by the deadline will receive entry to the division selected and until the maximum number of teams have been reached. All other teams will be placed on the wait list if there is an over subscription of teams. (Note: Refunds for wait listed teams will be processed by NBVA the following week).
If teams are tied on the same seeding points, preference and the higher seeding will be based on current season NBVA Tournament Results, ABVRS Seeding, and to which team who has registered first (must have also completed payment prior to entry deadline at 12noon Wednesday). Decision is at the discretion of the NBVA Seeding/Wildcard Committee.
If maximum team registration is also reached and if there is a tie in points priority will go to NBVA member teams with a seeding score, over Affiliated members and Casuals at the time of the registration/event payment deadline.
NOTE: As a trial for NBVA #1 (2021), both the winner and runner up of each division – Qualification B through to A division will be promoted to the higher division for the next Tournament. Only the final winner of the AA tournament will receive an automatic promotion to AAA. In order for the promotion to be valid, the team must play NBVA #2 as the same team pairing. We welcome your feedback to this trial – please email email@example.com to share your thoughts.
NBVA Wild Card Information
- Wild Card entry to Tournaments may be awarded at discretion of the NBVA Committee. Teams may apply for a wildcard if one or both players don’t have current seeding points (generally for visiting international / interstate athletes or joining through the junior talent pathway).
- The number of Wild Cards offered at all Tournaments is limited to a maximum of 2x AAA and 2x AA. Wild Cards are issued in extraordinary situations with an intent to ensure the highest level of talent is playing in the right division and in the tournament.
- Teams that are not granted a wildcard will have normal Tournament seeding processes applied.
- Wild Card submissions must be received by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to the tournament entry deadline (12noon Wednesday prior to the tournament). Submissions should include both Experience and Results from FIVB World Tour, Australian Tour, other relevant International participation. For Wild Card submissions to be considered, the team must have a completed & paid entry to the tournament.
Non-Competitive Entry Election Policy
- The aim of a non-competitive entry is to encourage experienced players to mentor and share their competition experience with a current junior player by combining as a team within a competition environment.
- A non-competitive entry for a mentor player allows them to team up with a junior player in a competition without concern for any adverse effects the team result may otherwise have on the mentor player’s future seeding point calculations.
- A player may exercise the option to elect to have their entry in a competition classed as a non-competitive entry if they partner with a current junior player. Electing to take this option means that the result achieved in the applicable competition will simply be excluded from both team member’s future seeding calculations.
- If a player elects to have their entry classed as non-competitive this should be made known to the NBVA via email email@example.com prior to the day of competition.
- Fair play policy applies at the discretion of the NBVA Committee.
Tournament player withdrawal and replacement policy.
In the event of one member of a team being unable to play a tournament that they have registered for due to injury or testing positive for Covid-19 that team member may be replaced within the guidelines below.
Players should inform the NBVA Seeding Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as they know that they need to replace a team member or withdraw from the tournament so that the necessary arrangements can be made and other affected teams can be informed.
Prior to the registration deadline a player may register with a new partner and inform the NBVA that the old registration is to be replaced.
Once the registration deadline has passed a team may pull out and request a refund.
If one of the players is injured or has contracted Covid-19 and unable to play due to ill health or government regulations they can be replaced so that their partner can still play the tournament using the following procedure:
- The player pulling out of the tournament must email proof of injury or positive Covid-19 testing status to the NBVA seeding committee.
- The registered partner of the player who has pulled out must email the NBVA seeding committee with the details of the new partner that they will be playing the tournament with.
Players will be reseeded based on the seeding points of the new team however:
- A team will be reseeded within the original Octet (or division where there are no Octets) that they were seeded in previously or into a lower Octet based on seeding points.
- Where a team’s new seeding points elevate them into a higher Octet they will be awarded first seed in the Octet in which they were originally seeded.
- Teams will only be reseeded into a higher Octet or division at the discretion of the NBVA seeding committee.
It is not possible to replace both players from a team for one tournament. One player may be replaced more than once, but if both original players are unable to play the team will be withdrawn and issued with a refund.
All withdrawals and replacements should be agreed with the NBVA seeding committee prior to 5pm on the day prior to the tournament. Email the seeding committee at email@example.com .
Both players of all pre-registered pairs must have signed in before 7.45am.
7.30am – Sign in opens
7.45am – Sign in closes
7:45am – Players meeting
8.00am – First matches start on all courts
By 4pm – Grand Final of all divisions (sooner if possible)
By 5pm – All players help clear court area
After the AAA/AA/A finals on Saturday, presentations will be presented to the winners on the beach. Presentations for BBB/BB/B levels will be on the beach on Sunday.
- With the exception of the first match at 8:00am, peppering and general warm up must take place off the match court.
- Teams will be allowed 5 minutes spiking/serving warm up on their court, make sure you are aware of when you next game is and have warmed up in advance somewhere off the court.
- Players are expected to monitor the progress of their draw/division/court and be ready to play as soon as the previous match comes off court.
- Any teams who are not ready to play within 5 minutes of being called will forfeit that match, with the other team going through as a clean set win to zero points.
- The only exception will be if a team has been reffing immediately prior to their game, in which case a 10 minute warm up will be allowed on court.
The following divisions will be offered. The Tournament Committee reserves the right to combine divisions if there are insufficient numbers.
- Men AAA (8 teams)
- Men AA (8 teams)
- Men A (8 teams)
- Men BBB (8 teams)
- Men BB (8 teams – with an exception to be modified)
- Men B (8 teams – with an exception to be modified)
- Women AAA (8 teams)
- Women AA (8 teams)
- Women A (8 teams)
- Women BBB (8 teams)
- Women BB (8 teams – with an exception to be modified)
- Women B (8 teams – with an exception to be modified)
Where AAA Division is considered the higher standard than AA and A Division.
After the top 24 Teams Register for AAA/AA/A on the Saturday, any lower teams will be bumped to the BBB/BB/B registration.
NBVA’s COVID-19 Information for Community Tournament Activity
Just a friendly reminder from the NBVA that we need to adhere to the current health restrictions as directed by the NSW government. At this current time competitors aged 16 years or older must be fully vaccinated prior to the competition in order to enter. As part of the NBVA’s COVID-19 safe plan all competitors will be required to check in with the Service NSW app and provide proof of vaccination status on the morning of competition so please come prepared with your vaccination certificate or proof of age if under 16. The NBVA appreciates your understanding and cooperation as we all look forward to returning to competitions which are open to everyone as soon as possible.
Player Ranking Points
The seeding of NBVA tournaments is based on the average of the teams individual seeding score. The individual seeding score is the players average ranking points of their last 3 results in the previous 7 NBVA tournaments. If you played less than 3 tournaments your score will be derated by 10%. If you don’t have any results in the previous 7 NBVA tournaments your results from previous seasons will be used and derated by 15% per season.
If a player with no seeding score partners up with a player with a seeding score – a team average will be calculated using half player points for player with none.
AAA, AA and A divisions will have 8 teams each and play Modified Pool Play format.
BBB, BB and B divisions will have 8 teams each and play a Single Set Round Robin, Single Set Quarters, 3 Set Semi-Finals and Final
AAA, AA and A Men’s and Women’s Division: 8 teams requiredBBB, BB and B Men’s and Women’s Division up to 8 teams each
AAA / AA / A Uniforms
For all NBVA Tournaments there are uniform requirements:
- AAA / AA / A divisions: matching uniform are mandatory.
- BBB / BB / B divisions: matching uniforms are optional, however strongly recommended.
Matching uniforms are defined as:
- Men’s: Matching NBVA / VNSW 2021/22 STAR Singlets*
- Women’s: Matching NBVA / VNSW 2021/22 Budgy Smuggler Tops or Matching NBVA / VNSW 2021/22 STAR Singlets*
For AAA / AA / A divisions mandatory requirements:
- If requirements are not met, match will be forfeited 2-0 (21-0, 21-0)
- Players may use matching NBVA 2020/21 Season Sportility Singlets or Budgy Smuggler Tops as a back-up or second uniform
- In the scenario of environmental conditions or injury, Players are permitted to wear compression or other garments underneath their uniform
- Any exceptions are at the discretion of the NBVA Tournament Director
Caps and visors, arm and wrist bands and sand socks are not considered part of the official team uniform and my be different within the team.
The scoring format will be confirmed at the Player Meeting on the morning of the tournament once entries are finalised.
- In the absence of qualified officials, teams will be expected to referee.
- In pool play, the officiating team will be pre-allocated according to the roster.
- In double elimination, the losing team will officiate the next game on that court.
- Teams that leave before finishing a duty at a tournament and do not check with the Tournament Director before leaving, will be penalised and receive a last place finish for that event.
NBVA Player Responsibility
- The NBVA is responsible for running the tournament according to the schedule and to the best of our ability using the resources available.
- We ask for the cooperation of the players to ensure this can happen, and we can then commence presentation ceremonies and pub festivities.
- Please monitor your court/draw
- Help us find/tell players if they need to do duty or are required on court.
- Please warm up off court before your match time so you are ready to start as soon as the previous match finishes.
NBVA Terms and Conditions of Sale can be found by clicking the link.