Please check this site prior to the first tourney of the season to ensure you have the latest information at hand.
Registration deadline is Thursday 6pm for Saturday tournaments and Friday 6pm for Sunday tournaments. Generally, tournament registration will open one week before tournament day.
All players must pre-register online through our registration form.
Tournament Entry Fees (AA & A)
- Gold Member - Free
- Full Member - $15
- Casual - $20
- Affiliate - $20
- U19/U13 - $10
Teams registered on the event day will be put on a waitlist and incur on a $10 surcharge. Please refer to the players code of conduct for more information
In addition to tournament fees, players must pay NBVA Membership fees.
Tournament Day Sign-In
Both players of all pre-registered pairs must have signed in and paid before 8.15am.
Any players/teams who turn up on the morning of the tournament and have not pre-registered, will be put on a waitlist and charged $10 on top of regular registration fee.
If there are any teams with only one player registered on site by 8.15am, their place will be given to the first team on the waitlist.
Tournament Day Timetable
This timetable will be adjusted after the first tourney.
7.45am - Sign in opens, all players help set up courts
8.15am - Sign in closes
8.30am - The draw is made
8.40am - Player meeting
8.50am - Warm up starts for first match
9.00am - First matches start on all courts
By 4pm - Grand Final of all divisions (sooner if possible)
By 5pm - All players help clear court area
After the finals, everyone heads over the road for the winners’ presentations, a post-tournament thirst-quencher to a bit of a catch up with the other players.
- With the exception of the first match at 9.00am, peppering and general warm up must take place off the match court.
- Teams will be allowed 5 minutes spiking/serving warm up on their court, make sure you are aware of when you next game is and have warmed up in advance somewhere off the court.
- Players are expected to monitor the progress of their draw/division/court and be ready to play as soon as the previous match comes off court.
- Any teams who are not ready to play within 5 minutes of being called will forfeit that match, with the other team going through as a clean set win to zero points.
- The only exception will be if a team has been reffing immediately prior to their game, in which case a 10 minute warm up will be allowed on court.
The following divisions will be offered. The Tournament Committee reserves the right to combine divisions if there are insufficient numbers.
- Men AA
- Women AA
- Men A
- Women A
Where AA Division is considered of a higher standard than A Division.
Tournaments are held in either of two formats, depending upon team numbers:
The top two teams from each pool will progress to a semi-final with Winner Pool 1 vs Runner Up Pool 2 and vice versa. In the event of a tie, the final positions will be determined in the following order:
- Matches won
- Sets won
- Points difference (points for minus points against)
- The winner of the match in which the two tied teams played each other.
- The winners of the semi will play the final with the losers playing a 3rd/4th place play off.
- A team remains in the “winners bracket” until their first loss.
- At their first loss, they move to the “losers bracket”.
- At their second loss they are eliminated.
A team who reaches the final without a loss but then loses, will play a second game to 15 points to determine the final winner.
The scoring format will be confirmed at the Player Meeting on the morning of the tournament once entries are finalised.
- In the absence of qualified officials, teams will be expected to referee.
- In pool play, the officiating team will be pre-allocated according to the roster.
- In double elimination, the losing team will officiate the next game on that court.
- The NBVA is responsible for running the tournament according to the schedule and to the best of our ability using the resources available.
- We ask for the cooperation of the players to ensure this can happen, and we can then commence presentation ceremonies and pub festivities.
- Please monitor your court/draw
- Help us find/tell players if they need to do duty or are required on court.
- Please warm up off court before your match time so you are ready to start as soon as the previous match finishes.