Registration days are held at Manly Beach prior to each Social League, where players may ask questions and pay for their registration in person. Alternatively you may register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, pay on line and download a Membership Form ready to hand in on round 1.
The NBVA accepts team or individual registrations.
Registration deadline is one week prior to the start of competition. Any player/team who nominates after this time may be subject to an administration fee.
The following divisions will be offered:
- Open 2-a-side
- Open 4-a-side
1:00pm - 4:00pm eastern standard time
2:00pm - 5:00pm daylight saving time
Please sign in 15 minutes prior to the start of games.
- Each team will play a round robin (within their pool) each week and referee where nominated.
- Each set will be scored under the rally point system up to 21 points. Win by a minimum of 2 points or the first to 25 points for a 4 or 5 team pool and 6 team pools will play to 15 points. Win by a minimum of 2 points or the first to 19 points.
- Finals will be played to determine the overall winner and minor placings in the competition. All finals will be played to 21 points. Win by a minimum of 2 points or the first to 25 points. minimum score of 15 points has been reached and the leading team is in front by a minimum of 2 points. (eg. A score of 15-13 is the minimum to win).
- Each player shall at all times compete in the spirit of good sportsmanship.
- All players must complete a NBVA Membership Form
- Registrations will only be confirmed on payment of fees.
- All teams must arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of games.
- Player substitutes must be fully registered NBVA members. Day Membership can be arranged with the League Coordinator.
- Warm up should take place OFF the match court. Teams will be allowed a maximum of 5 minutes spiking/serving warm up on their court.
- The only exception will be if a team has been umpiring immediately prior to their game, in which case a 10-minute warm up will be allowed on court.
- In the case of inclement weather a decision regarding whether or not to play will be made no later than 11:00am (EST) or 12:00pm (daylight savings) on the day of scheduled play.
- Players should always check the website. In the case of cancellation a notice will be posted on the NBVA Home Page. Alternatively contact the League Coordinator for confirmation of playing conditions on 0409 928 432 after the above times.
- In the event of cancellation, we will endeavour to reschedule at another time, subject to availability of the courts.
- A minimum of 1 week’s notice will be given in respect of rescheduled games.
- The NBVA is responsible for running the League according to the draw and to the best of our ability using the resources available.
- Players are advised to regularly check the website calendar for dates of League rounds and wet weather make up days.
- Players are required to assist in the setting up of lines and packing up of equipment.
- We ask for the cooperation of the players to email (by Friday night) or text the League Coordinator if a team is not available to play.
- Please ensure that you arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the start of play.
- Please monitor your court/draw.
- Please warm up off court before your match time so you are ready to start as soon as the previous match finishes.
- Players are required to subscribe to the NBVA mailing list to enable the League Co-ordinator to communicate any news or changes.
- Please give us your constructive feedback as to how we can make the league even better.
HAVE A GREAT LEAGUE DAY!!